July 15 2017

Spinifex hopping mouse project reflection

Section 1

I n term 2 we did projects on a certain desert animal my partner was Aaliyah overall I think that we did very well our animal was the spinifex hopping mouse me and my partner made a diorama and a poster and made a PowerPoint to present our presentation. I think that me and my partner did really well on our information we went above expectations  we crossed off everything in the Working above expectations column for information report. both of our diagrams were carefully drawn our model had labels and is lifelike i think that the overall level that i achieved was working above expectations

3 Facts That I Found Interesting Or Surprising Are

1. That the spinifex hopping mouse kills its babies  so that it is less crowded in the burrow and so that it is not that hot and sticky.
  2.  that the spinifex hopping mouse has a tail that when at its full length can be twice the length of the body
  3.  That the spinifex hopping mouse has very efficient kidneys that take out most of the water from its waste and then uses that water to help it survive.

2 Understandings That I now Have Are

1. That the mouse finds its meals very easily because most of them are already in their burrow
  2. That the mouse would have to take more risks if it was not for its very efficient kidneys because if it did not have efficient kidneys then that would mean that it would have to go hunting more which would increase the risks

1 Wonder I Still Have Is

1 if the spinifex hopping mouse did not  hop what pros and cons would there be?

Section 2

What were the most important i have learnt

The most important thing that i learnt is that you should be more organised with your project and you should get into the habit of checking your email  and double checking things

How Did I Learn That

i learnt that  because i realize  that i do not check my email often or that i forget too so that means that when i get to school i don’t know the information that my partner sent me and that you should double check things such as your cue cards when i made my cue cards i did not double check that i did them correctly and so that meant that when i practiced i did it all wrong.

What i am going to do with what i have learnt

i will work with a partner whenever i can to practice checking my email and i am going to remind myself to double check and remind my partner in future lessons/projects.

Summery

To summarize i learnt that  you should double check things and be more organised with my email and that i should be more on top of my work and that i should note down things that i understand or facts that are interesting and questions about things a goal i have for the next time i work in a group is to communicate more with my partner/s.

Posted July 15, 2017 by aryaveer2014 in category Uncategorized